Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should I purchase my glass splashback from Ultimate Glass Splashbacks?
- We pride ourselves on delivering innovative glass products, quality workmanship and exceptional customer service.
- We only install TOUGHENED glass.
- We offer our customers thousands of solid and metallic colours to select from, as well as toughened mirror and our digitally printed glass splashback range.
- We provide on-site professional advice and all consultants carry 50 coloured glass samples to appointments for viewing under your lighting conditions. Customers can also visit out showroom located in Tullamarine to view samples.
- We exclusively offer our customers a coating product for their glass splashback which greatly reduces cleaning time and repels dirt and grease.
- Quotations are provided on the spot at an on-site measure.
- We provide a 10 year warranty on our glass splashbacks.
2. Why should I select a glass splashback as opposed to tiles?
- Glass splashbacks are clean and hygienic;
- No grout means no mould or mildew;
- Glass splashbacks are easy to clean;
- Heat resistant;
- Colour choice is endless;
- Glass splashbacks are modern and sophisticated;
- The reflective surface of a glass splashback brightens and lightens any room;
- Glass splashbacks are affordable!
3. What types of glass do you use?
At Ultimate Glass Splashbacks, we use the following two types of glass:
- Standard clear glass; and
- Starphire glass.
All glass contains a certain amount of iron which appears green in colour. Starphire glass contains less iron than standard clear glass and is therefore less green in colour. Starphire glass provides a truer representation of your selected colour. Our staff can advise you regarding the suitability of either glass type based on your selected colour choice.
4. Is the glass made to Australian Standards?
Definitely. At Ultimate Glass Splashbacks, we use 6mm toughened safety glass for all our splashback panels.
5. At what stage should I schedule a measure and quote?
All cabinetry and bench tops need to be installed prior to a measure being conducted. Additionally, all electrical work needs to be completed. If a glass splashback is being installed behind a range hood canopy, the range hood needs to have been pre-installed and the fixing points marked prior to our consultant attending to conduct the measure.
6. What surface do you need to apply the glass splashback onto?
We require a smooth surface with no protrusions. The splashback can be applied onto plasterboard, cement sheet, MDF or concrete walls. Glass splashbacks can also be applied on top of existing tiles. However, it will result in a very small loss of bench space and the edges of the tiles may be visible in some situations.
7. What colours can I select from?
At Ultimate Glass Splashbacks, we offer a large range of solid and metallic colours for your selection, as well as our toughened mirror (Grey Ash and Cobalt) and our digitally printed glass range. We can also colour match to suit your requirements.
8. Do I require a fire-resistant board behind my stove?
Due to changes in Victorian regulations, please contact our office on (03) 9026 1390 to discuss requirements for the installation of fire-resistant board behind gas cook tops.
9. How long will it take to install the glass splashback from the time an order is placed?
Approximately 2 weeks.
10. How do I clean my glass splashback?
Visit our Tullamarine showroom to purchase a UGS cleaning solution and micro-fibre cloth for your glass splashback.
11. Do you provide a warranty?
At Ultimate Glass Splashbacks, we provide a 10 year warranty covering workmanship and colour delamination. You are not covered for breakage due to impact or any surface damage.
12. Is a deposit required and what payment methods do you accept?
We require a 50% deposit prior to your order being placed. We accept cash, bank cheque, EFTPOS or direct deposit.